I'm kinda sad : (

I trimmed my DD's bangs for the first time today. She's 16 1/2 months and it was hanging in her eyes. But now she looks more like a little GIRL than my BABY! I didn't know how much of a difference just trimming her bangs would make. Did you get sad with your fist LO's hair-cut? I feel so silly! lol.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• I haven't trimmed my daughter's hair yet but I know what you mean. The other day, I put it in two pony tails for the first time and she suddenly was a preschooler instead of my baby girl.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Oh yes, I remember that feeling just as soon as I read your post. They do grow up so fast and before you even know it. That first hair but makes them look so different and then you just get irritated because its time to trim those bangs again. I just trimed my daughters about 3 weeks ago and now Im gonna have to do it again. Shes really good about sitting really still for me now. Im always so nervous when I have to do it and I always dread it when I realize its time to trim her bangs again. Its okay, there are so much more of these moments to come.
    Anonymous

• When we had my oldest daughters hair trimmed she lost all the curl that was at the ends. I know how you feel. I don't give bangs. But losing that natural curl felt like you do, I bet.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My daughter was just over the age of three when I had her first hair cut done. She got it cut to just below her ears and with bangs. She went from being 3 to 13! And yes, I bawled like a baby when the stylist did the first cut of her curly locks! I didn't want her getting her hair cut, but honestly, we had no choice because of it being so curly, her refusing to let me wash & brush it for so long that she nearly had dredlocks! So, don't feel bad, mom, your little girl has to grow up sometime!

Donna1

Answer by Donna1 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008