How are you oppressed?

I spent today doing laundry in the bathtub! My washer quit a while ago, dryer still works...we're broke till tomorrow & hubby ran out of work clothes today. So I washed his clothes in the bathtub & dryed them in the dryer & had them ironed when he got home. What was the last thing you did that made you feel like an oppressed wife?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I woke up this morning! ROFLMAO... Every time I have to scrub a toilet. BTW I always wash my floors on my hands and knees.... I wear a tiara when I do it! Really, my girls at work gave me one when we closed our store and we lost our jobs. I giggle whenever I put it on.... left eye twitching!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I live in Montana for ten months, durin gthe last part of summer and all of winter, in 2008. I washed the clothes in the kitchen sink and used the radiaters pipes to dry our clothes. If I was lucky the rust did not smudge off onto our clothes as it almost always did.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 7:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Haha. Well, my Shark stopped working, even though it's practically brand new, so I scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors on my hands and knees. I felt like Cinderella. I even put on my cute little apron...may as well play the role all the way, right, lol?. If I had a handkerchief, I'd have had that around my head. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Ohh... I had to use the dollar tree laundry detergent and I was single with my daughter. I was the onlyu one working while going to school.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 7:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• HaHa... I can't say I do that stuff! lol... If anything, he feels like an oppressed husband! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I dont' work in the summer (I work for in a public school system)... this staying home thing make me feel terribly oppressed and depressed by the end of the summer!! I like to work, it defiantly effects my self worth!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nothing. We are a team. If I need to help my spouse by washing clothes in the tub, then that is what I do. He will do something that equals that like going out at night in the cold to work on the furnace because it has stopped. Or bringing up wood in the rain because the LP gave out and it is Sat. night. Or, working on the toilet because the wax ring that seals the pipe stopped sealing. We are a team. I would rather wash clothes in the tub than work on a toilet.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010