Getting baby stuff ready, what am I missing?

My husband and I just finished getting the babies room ready this weekend. When we did that we also went through and took inventory of what we have. We have lots of clothes from size newborn to 24 months so I don't think that's a problem. We have lots of socks! About 4 bibs, 3 pacifiers, 1 bottle (but I plan on breastfeeding), crib, crib set, 5 sheets, 5 misc blankets, 1 pair of shoes, a diaper bad, a saucer, a swing, 2 baby bouncers, and a baby snuggle blanket with the stuffed animal thing. What else would you add to the baby stuff? We already have mattress cover, changing table, and gdiapers on the list.

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby Thermometer And Booger Sucker Congrats!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Diapers? more bibs. burp rags.recieving blankets.diaper pail.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• the cloth diapers make EXCELLENT burp cloths...i would also plan for more bottles and a breast pump....that way if an emergency ever comes up and you have to leave the baby in the care of someone else they can have a supply on hand to give to the baby...you never know what could happen!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• get a few more bottles just in case, also makes it easier just in case you need one and remember you haven't washed the one yet.

I assume you also have a carseat ;o)

I would suggest a baby carrier of some sort - I prefer the moby style wrap, used the store bought carriers with previous babies but fell in love with the moby wrap kind with my last baby.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Diapers, wipes, butt paste, baby powder, rubbing alcohol (new born belly button), and baby lotion.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• oh I don't recommend buying a booger sucker thing LOL the hospital gave me the one from each child since they can't reuse them anyways.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Also burp rags and receiving blankets.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'd get a Swaddle blanket/outfit. My God, did we use those things! It's one of the only things that would get my son to sleep when he was a newborn. I'd also get a breast pump, just in case, but I suppose that could probably wait. What about a rocking chair? it's not necessary, but it's nice to have. Oh, and burp cloths. Omg, did we ever go through those like crazy. I'm talking like 8 a day, lol! I can't think of much else at the moment, but the Swaddler is definitely the thing I'd buy no matter what. However, they gave me one in the hospital, and maybe they'll give you one too. Best of luck on the delivery! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh yea lol, I have a carseat, and stroller, and a baby bjorn lol. I'm sure there are other things I'm forgeting but that's it from what's been mentioned so far. (we don't have diapers, but we do have that on our need to get list)
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh q-tips or cotton balls to use the rubbing alcohol for your child's new born belly button.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010