How much should I budget for food weekly?

For me and my 2 year old. I don't buy our food right now but we are moving soon!!!

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 7:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Depending on your budget.. i spend about $200-$400 a month or so.. I like to buy in bulk so I enjoy shopping at Sams Club!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Around $80 to $100.

Answer by Bmat at 7:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• hm, I spend about $150 a week for a family of 5 (3 adults, 2 toddlers) so I'd say maybe 80-100
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would think about $50 a week would get you done and maybe even less after you have some of your pantry built up. I often have weeks where all I need is a gallon of milk and some fresh perishables. So like $10 and I am feeding a family of 4 - basically all adult eaters.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I could probably feed myself and 1 of my kids for about $75 a week and that would include the organics I like to buy, so less if I didn't. couponmom or southern savers (if you live in the south east) are good websites to check out on how to save and use coupons to your advantage!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have been spending $50/week on groceries for me, my boyfriend, and our 2 year old for the past 2 years. Here lately it has been between $15-30 weekly. We have WIC and a vegetable garden, and we do not do without, but times are slim so we don't buy snacks (besides fruits and vegetables) or meat (besides ground turkey and tuna).
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 7:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Clip coupons and sign up for coupon websites. That will help ease your bill. It shouldn't be more than $80 or so a week for your toddler and yourself. I usually shop at Walmart which is the least expensive compared to other grocery stores. Sam's Club or Costco are good if you can fork over $200 or so at once, but the food should last you the month with the exception of milk, bread, and fresh vegees and fruit.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I feed a family of five on a budget of $75 a week...which is not easy! But I have a big freezer and big pantry so I stock a lot of generic non perishables and grow a garden. Before the economic apocalypse I used to not hesitate to spend $200+ a week... not any more....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• thats a tough one to answer because prices of food vary state by state...also we dont know how much you or your child typically eats....but i would say 100 a week for two people where i live in NH sounds about right
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Thank God for Super WalMart. I do all my grocery shopping there and I can feed 5 of us for $100 a week. There are rare occasions that I go over but that;s only when we need alot of non-grocery items.
    toomuchfreetime

Answer by toomuchfreetime at 7:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010