Thought my water broke but it tested negative??

So frustrated. Last night I had leaky fluid on my pj's. It wasn't a lot so I went to bed. Woke up this morning, got out of bed, more clear fluid leaking down my leg. I thought for sure it was my water. Called L&D, they said to come in. Went in, they tested the fluid and the first test came back inconclusive so they had me wait an hour and did the test again. That time it came back negative. I refuse to believe I am peeing myself! I'm still having a slow leak. What the heck is going on here???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would ask them to do an u/s to see if my fluid was low I would also ask them if it;s not fluid what is it I would have them check and make sure if they said it was pee they would have it under a microscope I wouldn't go without definite answers that can be backed up I got soo tired of them expecting me to just trust them I know they hate to see me coming now but I want to know how when where why can you show me proof lol I expect answers
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• They told me I was peeing myself when I was in that situation.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• it is probably just your bladder leaking if they have ruled out amnio fluid. i guess it could also be discharge but it's not usually that thin
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• idk but i go with the second answer
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 8:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It might be an increased amount of discharge. I experience that from time to time. I have a large amount of clear discharge.. It is gross, but it's a part of pregnancy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It really can be hard to tell! ;- /

Any color, odor, fever, ability to force more out, baby is vertex, engaged, you're term?

It can be a rupture through one layer. It can be a high leak. It can reseal. Discharge is a Might Beast in pregnancy. A rupture is not an emergency. It's good to know what to do~ but if my water was leaking (at term) I wouldn't want to go to the doctor as long as baby & I were normal, all is fine.
    Fluid is completely replaced every few hours. Being in the hospital means being on the clock to deliver.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2010