Anyone else ever experienced this weird sensation:

sometimes when I'm in a half-awake state after sleeping or in the middle of the night I get this sense of something coming. It's kind of like an adrenaline rush--I can't say if it's an actual physical sensation or more an emotion in my brain, but I'm pretty sure my heart starts to race and usually I try to wake myself up or resist but I can't. Next, I feel this surge in my whole body like a giant head rush or like my body is caught in a breaking wave. I am aware of my environment and can "see" where I'm at, but I cannot move or talk (I used to think I could see, but now I think it's a dream state because once I thought I was waving my hand in front of my face, but didn't see it).

Once I was able to move when I felt it coming on, and then it didn't come, but usually I can't do anything. It FREAKS ME OUT! I used to think maybe it was spiritual, but now I think maybe it's just physical. Anyone else experiences this???

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 8:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• OP were on the Same page. You had a sleep paralysis episode and it is actually very common. It can be describe in many ways because it s soo hard to describe. I feel the adrenaline or urgency rush that you spoke of. I guess I can also describe it the way you did now that I think about. I don't feel like I'm dying but the scary feeling I get from it makes it as scary for me as dying or something. I hate he epsiodes but have had them for years. As long it doesn't affect your sleep or you then you don't need to seek help but f it did u would look into help. You should look it up on google it's pretty interesting.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No, but when you sleep you are in a state of paralasys (sp?) and sometimes you can wake up before your body does. You can see and hear, but you can't move.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Its called sleep paralysis, look it up. I have it too and it happens quite often. It's very scary and I hate it. I actuall see everything that's going on around me but can't move. Believe me I know what your talking about
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 8:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• it sounds like something spiritual to me hun
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Proudmama, do you feel the rush I'm talking about, too??
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh and about you saying your not sure if you are awake, well as far as I know you are. I am fully aware and can actually tell you what is happening when Im finally out if the sleep paralysis.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 8:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That has just got to be a scary feeling!
    I know there were a few times where I thought I was awake and tried to talk but couldnt speak, tried to open my eyes or move my hands but I couldnt. It felt like forever before I finally could and my heart was punding so hard and I was scared. It hasnt happened often though, thank goodness!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes. It's like a sense of urgency, but your no sure what. And it's like ur dying or maybe chokin or something just because you can't move it makes it feel that serious
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 8:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No no, I seriously feel a physical wave of energy. Reminds me of body surfing when you get caught it a big wave and it tumbles you all around. That part is definitely a physical feeling.
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ProudMamma, I just looked it up. Wow! Thanks! I'm not nuts afteral!! LOL!
    Adelicious

Comment by Adelicious (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2010