Do you think Christianity would be different if the Bible was written by Women?

This is kind of a spin off of an answer in an earlier question... But I just wondered... What do you think would be different if anything?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• well i happen to believe there were many books which were written by and about women that were not included in the bible. it would change christianity bc there would be more women ministers, pastors, etc.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No I think one sex should not have that kind of power.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I tend to agree with you princessbeth, in fact I have read a few of them, which was part of why I asked as well, because they are quite a few differences in the way things are portrayed when the things are written by a man vs a woman...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, I do think it would be different and also agree with the pp who said there are many left out that were written by women. I really can't accept the bible as 100% truth because it's just different perspectives according to different people. It even says the gospel according to.... That right there tells me it's just a perspective. Does the bible have truths? Yes, but I wouldn't call it the only source of truth either. So yeah, if different books were actually included in the bible yes Christianity would be very different than it is today.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Umm, pinkdragon, have you actually READ the bible? As far as I can remember, all of the books in it are written by men. There may be a few that are about women, but they are still written BY men.
    Sabrina, I think Christianity would be completely different if women had written the bible. I think there would be alot more consideration with some things then there are now.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think it would be DIFFERENT, not necesarily better though.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, it would have been very different! Men and women see things differently. It would contain more women friendly lessons!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, of course. Less dramatic and violent, more romantic and sensual.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No I don't think so, because I believe every word came from God, the authors were simply a vessel, it wouldn't have mattered if they were male or female if it's all God's word anyway.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes I do think it would be. The reason is there were books women wrote left out. Why ? I wonder. In the bible the men writing for god I am sure added their own ideas to that of gods. I am sure if woman wrote it granted they would add their own twist. It would be more love equality, and less hate. UNLESS she was on her month or pregnant then it may be worse.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010