Piercing?

I want to get my nipples pierced but I want to know a few things first. My husband has gotten his pierced and it makes his nipples extremely sensitive. Is it the same for women? How bad does it hurt to get them pierced? If I get them pierced and I have another child later on in life, will I be able to breastfeed? Please, anyone who has a nipple piercing let me know, okay?

Nicollynne

Asked by Nicollynne at 5:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• It does make them more sensitive, but make sure its really what you want. Whe you decide to take themout, ur nipples will look saggy and weird for a long time.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had mine pierced about 3 years before I had my son and was able to breast feed. I took them out for 11 months and the holes did not close, much to my surprise. They didn't look saggy or weird. It hurt like hell getting them done, but only for a second. While they are healing, keep bandaids over them. Otherwise they can be a little painful if they get snagged. They are a little more sensitive now, but not much. Other people I know who have them done say theirs are a lot more sensitive.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had both my pierced TWICE when i was in college. I had X's lol It did hurt really bad. I would have one piercer on one side and another on the other. That way it goes faster. You are still able to breastfeed (with the rings/bars out. I did. :) If anything you have more holes to help him/her out ;) They dont look weird I think they look pretty damn cool. Oh and about the sensitivity.... It was amazing! lol :) I mean really ;) Its different for all women though. I went with 3-4 other girls some lost feeling but most loved the feeling :) Good luck have fun
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Oh about having one on each side... I mean they will count to three and do it at the same time :)
    kiansmom0423

• Let's see if I can get all the answers out of the way.
    Yes, it hurt. Yes, it made them more sensitive. Yes you can breastfeed. Someone mentioned saggy nipples, I don't know ANYONE who had saggy nipples when they took out their nipple rings. And a note, don't sleep nude under a crocheted blanket if you have them (I was an idiot and that's why one of the ones I used to have got ripped out - OUCH!)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my husband went and got one of his done (pissed me off, but that's another issue) anyway about a year later he decided to take it out and the formally pierced nipple is still "pointier" than the non pierce nipple (don't really know how to explain it, but like it always sticks out like nipping from when you get cold...)
    Anonymous