Have you ever bought Restaurant food and passed it as your own cooking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Food & Drink

• LOL yes, thats so funny. I totally forgot that I even did that once. At Thanksgiving one year I was in charge of bringing a desert dish. Well I didn't have time and I knew that this great bakery/ dine in joint sold great pumkin pie. The night before, I went there and bought two of them, took them back home and put them in my own container and took them to Thanksgiving. Everyone complimented on how good they were and some even asked for a recipe, but I told them it was my secret recipe and i wouldnt give it out. LOL I never told anyone.
    Anonymous

• No.. they would know... sigh..............
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I have lol I have done it the most with my pie crust hehehehe I didnt have time on day to make the crust and the pie so I grabbed some pie crust at the store I told everyone that I tried a new pie crust recipe lol hahahahaha they loved it and wanted the recipe OOPS I forgot. Or the suddlen salad they have a yummy one when It first came out I used it at a bbq and said that I was trying new stuff in the salad.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No, I am a good cook and I prefer to make things myself even if I end up blowing the kitchen to smitherines.
    journey2lose100

Answer by journey2lose100 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Can't say that I ever have, nope. I do occasionally buy pie crusts at Trader Joe's, but I don't think that counts :) I still make the pie! lol
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2008