I'm the only tattooed mom that gets weird looks from other moms a their children's school?

I volunteered at the school alot,and still the looks. I am a very shy yet very involved parent. I just don't get it.

MommyInk2

Asked by MommyInk2 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am the mother that would look but not because I was thinking you were weird but becuase I wanted a tat myself... I have never been brave enough so maybe they are just looking at you cause they want to be like you ... you could ask them .. hey like my tattoos ? see what happens when you talk to them... you never know you might make a friend and hey maybe they need a friend to hold hier hand while they get a tattoo
    mumto5teenagers

Answer by mumto5teenagers at 8:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Tattooed mommies are the best!
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 8:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• don't worry about it! I'm sure hubby and I will get odd looks too LOL he's pierced all over. I only have 1 tatt right now but want more, and I want a cleavage microdermal, that alone will get me enough funny looks ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you don't like it wear something to cover the tattoos.

It sucks that people are judging you based on your looks. But you had to know people would look at you if you got tattoos. Often times I look at people with tattoos to see what they would get inked on themselves. I am not judging them, I am honestly curious. So maybe it is just that, they are curious.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Don't sweat the haters, just keep being a good mommy, I wouldn't let some people who would make you feel uncomfortable stop you from being a part of your child's education. If you wanna try to make friends with them, just offer the first olive branch, so to speak....say hi, and let them get to know you for who you are....
    c.love49

Answer by c.love49 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• who cares...stay involved..it means the world to your kids
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i worked at a day care and would were tanks in the summer and i had the baby's trying to pick off my tattoos..lol you dont need to worry about it im sure me and my SO will be the same way when our little one comes.
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Nobody can see my tattoos. Choices....choices.....
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I dont get it either, b/c every other mother I know at my kids school has a tattoo too :) I do :) Its rare to find someone who has nothing :) They probably have a winnie the pooh or tinker bell on their butts. hahahaha :)

Dont worry about it. If you see them looking at one, say "its cool isnt it?, got this one two years ago for my birthday" or whatever you could say about them.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• aww sorry they're treating you like that. some people are just very uptight and judgemental
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010