do you think there are current day Jobs? (christians)

i often wondrr about this....

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 8:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• yes, probably
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think there are.
    ziff130

Answer by ziff130 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I had to read that three times, I kept seeing "day jobs" as in, "don't quit yer . . ."
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• What for just Christians are you serious. Ministry, counseling are the only two. However they don't pay well. Jobs can not make it mandatory for you to be Christian That is just sad thinking. As well illegal.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• hot-mama, she meant job as in the name (pronounced jobe), not a job. that's why it was capitilized lol. Job was the guy who God was proving his faith through alot of different hardships. the devil said that Job would break down and curse God, but no matter what the turmoil was he still had faith in God. then when it was all said and done God rewarded him with more than he had before. that's what she's talking about, not a career
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• princess I know who Job is. Sorry but I'm with Auto the way she worded it sounds like jobs. She should've worded it better, must of us don't pay attention to the spelling or whether the capitalization has any significants.

In that case though yes I am sure there are.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I think there are (in the meaning of Job as a biblical fairy tale). And there are many who are willing to make up a little persecution and suffering, if they don't quite qualify.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010