Why Doesn't My Dog???

Just curious as to why he does not drink from his water in the house.. I have food and water in the house and a water bowl in the garage, where he likes to hang out... After being in the house all night, I let him in the garage during the day and he drinks from his water bowl out there like crazy... he never touches the water in the house.. However, he does eat his food in the house... Any ideas? I wish he could talk.. I have so many questions!

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 12:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pets

• My dog has a water bowl inside. One was made from a porcelin type material and she stopped drinking from it and only wanted water from the faucet. Well, I switched it with a stainless steel bowl and now she loves it. Maybe you can try that. The stainless holds the cool water longer.
    par4golf39

Answer by par4golf39 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Maybe the water in the garage is cooler than the water in the house. That might sound silly, that was the first thing to come to mind. Especially since he eats in the house. Thats what I would think. Maybe give him cold water from the fridge and see if he will drink it. A little experiment for ya.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• hahahaha my dogs the same way!! he has water outside, and in his room..and never drinks the water from his room..i give him fresh water every single day, in the summer i add ice cubes to it..but nope..still doesnt drink from it..only outside!! no idea why either! only difference is my dog eats outside..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No idea, but for a short while we were taking care of a dog who didn't seem interested in drinking his water... so we started feeding him by mixing water with his dry food. He would eat and drink it all, and we got the reassurance of knowing he was hydrated.
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 9:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Are both water bowls similar in size,color, and what they are made from? Do you get the water for both bowls from the same faucet? Do your use the same product when the bowls are cleaned? Try switching the bowls and see if he drinks inside, if he does then he prefrers that type of bowl and get another one for the house.
    natesmom67

Answer by natesmom67 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2008