Do you use turkey sausage for sausage and peppers?

We've switched to turkey bacon, love it. Even turkey breakfast sausage, love it. For ground beef alternatives, I prefere Boca or Morningstar Farms crumbles over ground turkey, just don't like it, but I was thinking about making sausage and peppers this weekend and wanted to try the big turkey sausage that looks like regular Italian sausage, but hate to experiment with guests....my gut tells me it will be just as good, but want some confirmation on that...anyone?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 9:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'd try it - with all the peppers (and onions if you're using them) and other spices, I doubt anyone would notice. I use ground turkey or Italian sausage for everything instead of ground beef.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 9:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• We don't eat pork in my house, and I have actually asked a similar question in a group. But I am told that you can swap turkey for pork pretty easily. I say try it!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 9:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes, it is delicious! I use turkey kielbasa too, it's yummy!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Back when I ate poultry, I did use turkey sausage and it was good.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I use sausage made from seitan

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'd try it before hand, before you make a huge dish that no one is going to like. Plus to me personally I can't taste the difference lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I use turkey smoked sausage & turkey kielbasa all the time because we don't eat pork. We like it and I've never had any complaints from guests; they ate it all up, so I'm guessing they weren't not saying anything to be 'polite' either. Before I settled on the brand I use most often, I did trial a bunch of different ones and they are most definately not all the same, so if I were you, I would pick up a few brands and do a tasting so that you can choose the one that tastes the best to you.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Turkey sausage is good
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Turkey sausage is great!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yeah i would try it sounds good
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010