• In the Spotlight:

I have an appt with an OB next week and my endocrynologist the next week. I am trying to compile a list of questions and wanted to get your input. What are some questions you asked at your first appt? My head is just spinning and I can't seem to make it stop long enough to write out the questions.

I am currently TTC baby #2 and been diagnosed with PCOS.

cateachinmama

Asked by cateachinmama at 12:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• What their usual proceedure is for patients with PCO's. What are the success rates for my (your) age group. What do they consider top priority: successful pregnancy and birth, or finding causes of infertility. How is that for starters?
    misterri

Answer by misterri at 12:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If you have already been diagnosed with PCOS then the scary part is known - PCOS. I would ask what their course of action is generally. Do they start with clomid? Do they do ultrasound monitoring while you are on clomid? What happens if you try x, and y and they don't work? Ask about adding things like metformin and actos to your regimen as well as aspirin therapy. I got to do all of those things plus shots in my stomach and insemination while ttc #3. It worked; but I'm one of the lucky ones - my insurance covered everything, including the really expensive meds.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2008