has anyone gotten botox injections in their armpits to reduce excessive sweating?

i saw this done on one of the plastic surgery shows on tv, but it was done to a man. supposedly it works really great, but i was wondering if any ladies on here have had that done. it's really embarassing to have alot of armpit sweat and i have to use the strong deoderants which turn my underarms black :( talk about gross lol. i am going to talk to a dermatologist about it one day, but i have to save up some money first lol.
so.... anyone have it done? how did it work? about how much did it cost? how long did it last? lol i have alot of questions i know

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You have what is called hyperhidrosis. And yes, Botox injections work very well for this condition. I have no idea how much it costs but it does work -- treatment last about 6 months. Your insurance may cover the injections if nothing else has worked. I definitely would talk to a doc about it.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I saw it on a show too, only it was done to a woman. It seemed to work for her.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can spend about $600 every six months to have that done, or $60 bucks every six months on this stuff:  http://sweatblock.com/

Doesn't turn you black and works amazingly well.  I was looking into the botox thing when I found this stuff.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• gertie, it doesn't make you stop sweating all over lol. it just is injected into some of the most active sweat glands in your armpits
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• it works but when it wears off you over produce sweat!
    Maci.kate

Answer by Maci.kate at 12:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No but I have wanted to am scared to put those chemicals in my body.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 3:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That sounds very dangerous. And you are supposed to sweat. It gets rid of toxins in your body. I wouldn't go near Botox for anything.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010