Do you own a Cocker Spaniel?

If so, do you get him shaved or let his hair grow? I have owned his guy for one year now. I adoped him (a senior) from a shelter last year. When I first got him I had to have him shaved because he was so matted... but now I have had him shaved twice this summer.. he is beginning to grow alot and I don't know if he is comfortable... Yes, I asked him but he didn't respond... Just kind of looked at me with his one eye.... Like I said, I wish he could talk....

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 12:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pets

• Our beloved cocker spaniel Buffy had to be put to sleep earlier this year because she was so old :( She lived at my dad's house, she'd been in the family since I was like seven. I'm 20 now, so you can imagine how special she was. She also had one eye because her previous owners had beaten her with a baseball bat.

She had kind of curly hair, so we could let hers grow for awhile before it would get annoying. My dad tried to keep it shaved in the summertime and he'd let it grow in the wintertime. I think it all depends on your climate, and if he's an inside or outside dog. If he sleeps in a nice warm place I think you could keep him shaved. But also, since winter's coming, he'll probably be okay if you keep him long too.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I used to have one and we used to keep her shaved in the summer and just have her groomed and trimed around her face in colder weather.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2008