I'm pretty positive I have post partum depression and i'm already cut off medicaid. Will they cover my depression meds? I heard that they will because it's pregnancy related.

How do I get back on medicaid for that? I need to see a doctor badly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Health

• Dont they keep you on a year after you give birth????
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• if not the doctor can give you samples, but post partum is serious you need to get in and get something asap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Reapply for the medicaid, bring a doctor's note with you so you have proof in case they ask. I know that IL is very helpful with women's needs and pregnancy. I don't know about other states though. Good Luck!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Most doctors have plenty of samples on hand to give out. I would call your doctor and just ask. And also I would recommend going to a support groups. Most hospitals have a PPD support group.

ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Why do you want to automatically be given drugs? There are solutions, do you know about these?
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• They told me they only keep you on it for 6 weeks after birth. It's ridiculous. I have been on meds before a few years ago so to answer your question keyaziz they do me good.
    Anonymous