How would you react if your 10 year old just did this?

Joshua(my 10 yr old son) just came in here and I asked him where he was sleeping tonight. In the summer, he'll either sleep in his bedroom,the living room or the sunroom.In the summer, I dont mind if he watches tv at night.But the rule is..TURN IT OFF Before you go to sleep.Well, I have reminded him countless times, and yet, I still wake up to find him sleeping and the tv is on,blaring.So, he has been punished with no tv at night a couple times.ANYWAY...When he told me he was sleeping in the living room, I started to say.."Okay, but make..." ( I was going to finish saying 'sure you turn off the tv)..well, he mocked what he knew I was going to say before I said it then he pulled his buttcheeks apart and farted at me and laughed!!! IS THAT NOT JUST DISRESPECTFUL AND DUSGUSTING? UGH!!!!!!!!!!! So , I told him he can take his little smart ass in the living room, sit on the couch with no tv until I think he deserves to turn it on!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Absolutely inappropriate, completely unacceptable, and yes, disrespectful and rude. My son would be sleeping in his own room, with no TV, permanently.
    Women often wonder why men can be such jackasses - the real answer is because we raise them to be. Allowing "boys will be boys" as an excuse for unacceptable behavior teaches them to be rude inconsiderate jackasses. If we want better men in this world, then we sure had better be raising them right.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Disrespectful? Not really, he is being a 10 yr old boy...they are disgusting. Sorry!! Gotta learn to pick your battles. Smarting off, he would be punished. As for the tv being on, does it have a timer that you can set or that he can learn to set so the tv turns off in case he falls asleep before turning off the tv, which to me is not a big thing. I have fallen asleep many times without turning off the tv. Another battle not worth fighting.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sorry, but I see this as just a 10yo boy being a 10yo boy... Honestly, I would have most likely biffed him upside his head and laughed... But maybe that's because my DH does that stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry, but I laughed when reading this, lol. Yes, it's disrespectful and gross. However, thats the kinda stuff that boys find funny. Still, it probably still would have made me mad.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Oh hell no! My 11 year old did something very similar to me recently. I would take away the tv for the rest of the week and make him sleep in his room. And then he would get a lecture how to treat his mother.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• LMAO!!! I'd be like... hey buddy... rememeber there's always PAY BACK... so beware!!!! heheheh

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I hate the boys will be boys argument. Just because they are boys doesn't mean they should be able to act rude and nasty. Pulling your butt cheeks apart and farting at someone is one of the rudest things you can do. If it was an adult that did it would you have laughed it off or would you be angry?
    Our boys deserve us teaching them to be nice respectful people. Farting on people is just plain rude.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My eleven year old son would NEVER do that to me. It is just pure disrespect. I would send his ass to his room and tell him that is where is is sleeping the rest of the summer. Why would you allow him to disrespect you and reward him with the tv eventually?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• he would be sleeping in his room and no tv for a week.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i would'nt punish him..we joke like that all the time in our home.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010