What would be appropriate to wear to a baby's funeral?

My sister lost her baby while trying to give birth to him. The are burying the baby tommorrow in a graveside service and I will be attending the service. What would be appropriate to wear?

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 9:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would just wear something nice and simple, stereotypical "church clothes". Darker colors or black. Nothing bright & cheerful.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am sorry. To a funeral wear subdued colors and modest clothing.

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I always wear a dark dress or pant suit to any funeral. I know a lot of people dont' worry about color.I've seen many different "opinions" worn to them. But, I think as long as it is something in good taste, nothing flashy, you will be okay.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Dark colors, nothing too bright. And don't take your children. I went to a funeral for a 3 mo old and was aghast to see people bring their babies and small children. Talk about rubbing salt in the parents wounds...... Good luck, I'm so sorry, how awful.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The same as you'd wear to another funeral. ((hugs)) to you. I am sorry for your family's loss.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Im sorry thats soo sad, sorry for your loss! Prob brown black or tan something along the line of that
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am so sad for you and your family!! I can't even imagine.
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• When my 5 mos old son died I wore a gray sweater and black skirt. I only know this from pictures. I had other stuff on my mind and didn't really pay attention. I'm sure that your sister won't care what you're wearing. She'll just be grateful to have you there as support. HUGS and sorry you and your family are going through this right now.
    ziff130

Answer by ziff130 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Very pale colors...like pastels....something simple and respectful. I am so sorry to hear for your sister's loss.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm so sorry, that has to be so devastating. Maybe something conservative - dressy and black. Again, so sorry.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010