Does anyone else feel like their home has to be spotless before company arrives?

My husbands cousin and aunt are coming for the day tomorrow. They're taking a ride trip and driving through. I feel like now I need to get my entire house spotless. I guess it's a good motivator, lol, because in my mind, I feel like I must clean everything if someone is coming over, especially for the the first time.

Anyone else like this?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• sweeping

ABSOLUTELY!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• YES! lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes I feel the same way! Like you said, good motivator lol
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yea, i am kinda like that...but its a good thing tho! the only time i dont trip about it too much is when ppl POP UP...n wen they do that...hey i didnt tell em to come over so O WELL...lol
    ShesSoBossy

Answer by ShesSoBossy at 9:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes...my house has to be perfect for company!! ( except, my MIL just told me that I need to work on my definition of clean.....yeah, she really said that...bitch....that's another story!!!)
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes! and i was so embarassed the other day when my neighbor came over to use my phone (she got locked out of her house lol) and my kitchen counters were all junked up! we had just got done eating and i was in the middle of cleaning up when she rang my bell. my hubby said don't worry about it, but i felt like such a piggy. so embarassing!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Unfortunately I think that we put so much pressure on ourselves to make sure our homes are spotless when company comes, especially if we are stay at home parents. We think that we are measured by what our homes look like. I hope that you can relax and have a good time with family no matter what your house looks like :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes. Especially if it's my husband's side of the family. Not like they care, but I do. LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• No, people need to realize I have a toddler and a baby and the place won't stay clean. So I straighten out but I will never go the extra mile to make in spotless because their is no point. Kids will just destroy it in a matter on minutes anyways whether company is here or not.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes, I try really hard, I just wish I could keep it like that all the time.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010