I am afraid that I am going to oversleep for work...

I have to be at work at 6 a.m., which means that I need to get up between 4:30-5:00 (depending on the morning). I am so afraid that I am going to oversleep that I don't get a good night's sleep. I have two alarms set which is a good thing, because one alarm didn't work the other day. Even with two alarms, I still overslept by 10 minutes this morning and was in a rush. I am a very heavy sleeper and have a loud alarm but its not loud enough. I know that it will get easier to get up at this time as I do it more often but how can I get a good night's sleep without fear of oversleeping?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Put your loudest alarm far enough away from the bed that you can still hear it, but just far enough out of reach that you have to get up to turn it off.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I use a cell phone alarm and a really loud alarm clock. I had to buy three to finally find a good one. Get one of those with the bells on the sides, that will wake the dead,,,good luck and happy zzzzzzzzzzz's
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sorry if this sounds like a silly suggestion, but would you be motivated to wake up on time if it meant you got an awesome breakfast? Knowing that I'm going to have my favorite food in the morning really motivates me to get out of bed haha! Maybe my love of food is stronger than my love of sleep. :)
    SMH2010

Answer by SMH2010 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well, if two super loud alarms don't do the trick, you could always get a Clocky.
    http://www.amazon.com/Clocky-Alarm-Clock-Wheels-Almond/dp/B000PWLTNA

MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• SMH2010, that is what I use to do when I had to be somewhere at 7 am. I would be motivated to get up and go to Chick-fil-a and get a chicken biscuit. However, they don't open until 6 am. = (

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Thank you MommaofH2, I will definitely have to buy that and see if it works for me.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010