This may be a stupid question

I have heard of people getting their period (or thinking they did) while they were pregnant. Has this really happened to anyone? Was a a full-blown 5-6 day period or just spotting? The reason I ask is because I was over a week late and had all the pregnancy symptoms (i know they can also be menstrual symptoms too) but I just finished my period and I still feel very nauseous, etc. I just dont feel right. Just curious to see if this has happened to anyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As a mom of two kids and as a woman who has read countless book on the baby making subject and read most of the crazy stories written on the web, I doubt that you are pregnant. But tell me what you ate, and I will tell you why you're nauseated.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 10:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• This actually happened to my sister. She felt exactly how you describe. She was 1.5 weeks late. She went to the doctor and got a blood test that came out negative. She had a period for 7 days, yet still felt pregnant after. The day after her period she took a test and got a bfp. She went to the doctor feeling like a crazy person because she just had a negative blood test at the office, but went anyway. She insisted they do another blood test, and sure enough she was pregnant. She now has a 2.5 year old little girl out of that pregnancy. It most definitely can happen.
    Good luck!!
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• While it is medically possible, it's very very rare to have a "real" period when pregnant. If you had a normal period, I'd wager a guess that you're not pregnant, regardless of symptoms. Though if the symptoms are bad enough, you might want to go to a doctor to find out what is going on.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I had a "period" for 6 months of my first 2 pregnancies- it was normal "flow" but not super heavy like it could have been and had TONS of spotting! with my 3rd pregnancy I had a period but it kept spotting...we lost our baby due to an ectopic during this last pregnancy though- this was the continuous spotting that time- I am all over the place- nothing is normal about any of our pregnancies- if you feel you are keep taking a HPT once a week until your sure. GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My Aunt had a period for six months both times she was pregnant. It is not common and usually it is a lighter period but it does happen.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I always wonder about this. I had spotting for two of my pregnancies, but only in the first two or three months. I'm curious about all those moms that say that had a regular period. No differences in their schedules. The professionals all say you can't have a period during pregnancy.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• with my DD I had my "period" the first month after I was pregnant (was about 4-5 weeks along)..

not with this pregnancy though.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010