does anyone wear fake eyelashes?

i want to try it since it's so 'in' right now. i'm just afraid i'll feel stupid lol. i tried doing it myself but no luck there lmao.... i need a professional. what do you think? worth the money or will i just look dumb?

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• go for it, I liked how they looked when I had mine done..

you can determine the length so you don't have to go too ridiculous and the technicians will work with you, showing you first the lengths so you can have a good idea on what will look great and what won't.

prices can vary between $25 and $100.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I LOVE false eyelashes but only where them when going out somewhere special at night. I put a spot of glue on the back of my hand, slide the strip through the dot, let set and get tacky for 30 seconds then apply starting at outer corner of eye. A a magnifing mirror will help. I'm wearing them in my profile pic :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i personally have had bad luck with them...i used to pay to get them done professionally like one by one instead of the ones you buy at the store and they ruined my lashes! I'd be careful they arent usually worth the hassle.....
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 10:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• LOL, I asked this question the other day but didn't find too many that did. I wear them all of the time, absolutely LOVE them. The easiest (IMO) to put on are the full-strip ones. Get some a little short at first, they'll be easier to manage. Take them off the package with tweezers at the outer edge. Apply a thin band of glue across the lashes and let them set for about 30 seconds before applying to your lid. Put them on right at the lash line, you can move them a little after they're on, but you have to be a little speedy. After they dry for a few minutes, push up on them (so they curl up instead of sticking out, which sometimes happens). After they are dry, put on your eyeshadow and liner - then apply a thin line of black liquid liner to the lash line. (Conceals the band really well!!). Apply a coat of mascara; brush down on the tops first, then apply as normal. Be sure to blend your own eyelashes into the falsies. Gorgeous!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Wanted to mention this after the other reply; they did make my eyelashes a little thinner - I've got to believe it's because I wear them almost every day, and I'm not always as careful as I should be when I take them off. When you're taking them off, start in the shower to loosen, then use adhesive remover or a good eye makeup remover on a cotton ball and slowly rub downward with your eyes closed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• o boy.... can't afford to ruin any lashes at all. i have hardly any at all (which is why i was interested in fake ones to begin with). didn't know they could mess up your real ones
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes and they fell off
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Ive worn them before and no one noticed! Bleh!!
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 3:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010