Does anyone have a 15 year old son who is completely changing from the sweet little boy you used to know so some unknown angry kid all the time?

liltxmedic

Asked by liltxmedic at 10:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't, but I will one day. Mine is only 3.5 right now.

I've never been a 15 year old boy but I have been a 15 year old girl...hormones, hormones, hormones.

I feel for you.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yep. Mine just turned 16. He seems to bark at me all the time now. He got mad at me this afternoon cause I didnt want to answer the door to a stranger. Its my house, I dont have to answer the front door if I dont want to, he wouldnt accept that as an answer...I know what your going through
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Mine is 13 and doing that. I put his ass in therapy!
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Pretty normal at that age. The good news is that they tend to outgrow it around 17-18.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I feel pretty lucky that I don't have that. It started at about 13 and I stopped it as soon as I figured out the best way to get to him. We had a couple set backs this year since he's been 15 but I resorted back to my original plan.
    I told him the way he talked to me hurt my feelings and I try very hard not to treat him that way. I told him that I give him more freedom than I ever had and only have 3 rules, Show Respect, Stay Safe, Keep in Touch and 2 chores feed the dogs and put the dishes away, and sometimes to put his clothes away. I told him when he talks to me like that it crushes me and makes me worry we won't have a good relationship when he leaves home for college and I can't bare the though of not having him in my life. Then I cried like a baby, totally worked - of course it is all true. M kid is nearly an angel. Does whatever I ask now, never argues, hugs and kisses me all the time and we talk everyday.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Get to their heart, boys really do love their mom's deeply and want only to protect them - especially my boys they are crazy protective. Also it never hurts to really tell your kids how you feel, it lets them see we are human and volunerable and love them enough to be open with them. I'm not saying we don't still have the occassional normal issues, but they are rare. I never pass up a chance to talk about how I feel about them and how interested I am in their lives and how much I love them. I also always apologize if I feel I was in the wrong about something. My house has never been so harmonious.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Both of my sons went through a phase like that, starting at about 14 and lasting until about 18.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 3:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes I've seen this happen it's puburty or peer pressure from his friends to do drugs just to be cool.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my youngest who is 17 has not out grown it yet i swear he has leprechaun in his pant holding his balls lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Seems ALL boys and girls go through the angry at the world and espically their parents stage. It will pass, but not untill they are older, pay their own bills 100% and have to support themselves 100%
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2010