Are you a vegitarian? just wondering how many are out there?

How do yo umake sure you are getting everything you need in your diet? especially the b's and Iron?
Ive been at it for over a year now but can always use new info:)

mamallamaof2

Asked by mamallamaof2 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have been vegetarian for over thirty years. Nutritional yeast is a fantastic source of Bs, especially B12. Iron is in so many foods: dark green vegetables, lentils, etc. You can get a listing here: www.soystache.com/iron

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was before I got pregnant with my son...then the beef and bacon cravings were so intense I thought I would lose my mind.

Anyways, you can take supplements if you're worried about getting all of the vitamins and nutrients that you need. Spinach is good for iron, as well as sweet potatoes, edamame and green beans.
    Eggs are good for B-12 you can also get fortified cereals. For vitamin B you can eat lentils, bananas, potatoes, etc...

Fruits and vegetables are so rich in vitamins and nutrients that if you're eating a lot of them then you should be fine. Tofu as well although I wouldn't go overboard on the soy products.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• umm sort of. I eat bacon and fish, I know random.
    But I am anemic and need to take iron pills and what not. I don't like the texture/taste of meat. It has nothing in my case to do with animal rights.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i'm just getting started on the vegetarian thing
    Prayingforbaby1

Answer by Prayingforbaby1 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am mostly vegetarian, but occasionally eat fish. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and seeds and nuts, all kinds of variety of things. The vegan/vegetarian group here is a good place for recipes and ideas.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I'm not, but I think I could probably do it if I really wanted too lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No, but I could be if I had to kill my own meat. (I know I'm a hipocrit (sp?))
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• no im not a vegetarian i like all meats but i do like veggies
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010