Where is the best place to meet men?

Through friends, at a bar, at church, grocery store? What do you think is the best place? Where did you meet your man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• i met my man online. i have also met guys in the grocery store and through friends. hooked up with guys from bars/clubs before, but not relationship type of people lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I met my man on Plenty Of Fish. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The best place to meet a good man is at church. I met my husband when I was a 14-year old high school student, but most of our dating centered around the church. We have now been married going on 46 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I believe the best place is a place where you are being productive or have a belief about. Such as a club, volunteer work, library, or school. It helps you get the more motivated men and you start off with a common ground.
    I met mine through my cousin and her SO.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I met my dh online too! It has definitely proved to be the best place for me. I didn't meet him on one of those dating networks, just in a local yahoo chat room.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That really depends on what type of man you are looking for...

What qualities are you looking for.
    Any particular hobbies or habits.
    Anything that's a no-go.
    Do beliefs matter to you.
    Etc................
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• through friends
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• plenty of fish, facebook, myspace, if they are willing to chat with you for awhile before meeting you they are worth it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I met my husband on match.com. I had dated guys I met through friends and at places I went to but my soul mate was a profile on match.com. If you are looking, give it a try.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Truthfully, I don't think it matters where you meet them. People told me all the time not to take men you meet at a bar seriously. I met my husband at a bar and we've been together for 7 happy years. What matters more is how you sift through the men you meet. Go meet lots of men, anywhere you like...but learn how to spot the good ones. That's the trick, not the place. If the guy makes an effort, calls you when he says he will, waits for physical intimacy until you feel comfortable, keeps his promises, respects your beliefs and shows it, then he's a good one. Any red flags in the beginning...move on.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010