what is your opinion of the movie(story) of "The Burning Bed"?

The story of Francine Hughes who was abused horrifically, and then killed her abuser?
I am watching the movie(with Farrah) and just wondered what moms thought....
Putting this in entertainment, as its a movie, but for the record- "entertaining" isnt a word for her life.....

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 10:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• Having been abused by my step-father & then by my now ex-husband for over 25 years, I can comprehend how a woman can get to that point. Not that I ever did. But, I can understand it. Thankfully, I am now with my grade school sweetheart who treats me like gold!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Bearsjen - TY for the hugs. They are always welcome! And, we tell each other a million times a day how thankful we are for each other. And, I get more hugs and kisses than I ever dreamed of. I can't express how thankful I am for him...every single moment.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• What I meant above is...not that I ever did anything that drastic...
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• PP good for you! (hugs) good for you honey. go hug him right now, and tell him you love him....
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• As for it being a movie...I think more women than you can imagine can relate to it to some degree. Even some men. I know some pretty abused men.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well I've seen the movie I thought the movie was more to educate women on the issues of abuse. Or when your found in that situation what would you have done? In the time frame the movie took place, there was no one there to help her . She felt what she did was right in killing him . I wouldn't take it that far but who knows .
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 10:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Here's a bump for ya cuz I think a lot of women have experienced abuse is some form or fashion.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• ty for the bump-because if I can help just one mom from this...then thats ok. :)
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• she tried(Francine) so many times to get away...he was just insane....
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• That was my thought exactly! :)
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010