Scared I won't find someone.

I'm going through a divorce (with two small kids) after 9 years of marriage. Please tell me I will find love again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• You will when your ready but remember you you don't need someone to have a good fulfilling life.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Of course you will, just don't rush into anything. Take your time and really get to know the man first.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am 34 and just now met someone for the first time. It'll happen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• you will. just take time to heal and fall in love with yourself first. then your true love will find you :D
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Love will come to you when you are open and ready for it.
    Find yourself first after your divorce is all said and done.. Then love will fall into place when the right time is upon you.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• A man should not define who you are in your life. That should come from within yourself. I left my abusive ex-husband after 25 LONG abusive years. Yeah, I was worried I wouldn't find companionship again. And that I was way too damaged to love again or to be loved. But, my grade school sweetheart & I reunited and the chemistry was pure magic. Never dreamed THAT would happen. So, yes, you WILL love and be loved again. It will just take time and healling.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You will. I was single for over two years, no dating at all, after my divorce. I was then lucky enough to find a man who loves me and I love more than I ever thought possible. I thought I was done after my divorce, my exh being my first love. But my new dh has proven to me what a real, honest man is all about.

Take your time and focus on you and your child(ren) for as long as you need. There's someone out there who is going to love you the way you deserve to be loved.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You will defiently find someone when the right guy comes along. I've been divorce for 2yrs and I'm still looking for Mr. Right again. I was told by a friend when u r not looking he'll be right there under ur nose.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• we've almost all been there at one time or another hon, and we've all survived...at 22 i found myself a divorced parent of a 6 year old. my ex spent more time convincing me that no one would want to deal with my baggage than he did loving me. i thought all the men my age would want some young girl with no obligations, perky boobs, and no stretch marks. i was SHOCKED to find all the men interested in me, many of which i could have been very happy with. my SO now treats me and my son better than i could have ever imagined...i am so in love with this man. just a few years ago, i was right where you are. i was scared to give up what i had spent much of my life trying to hold together because i was terrified to be alone. being independent is well and good, but, for me, life is so much better when i have someone to share it with. i was scared i couldnt compete with other women...but i did, and i won. you will too.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You will find love again if you don't go out looking for it the second the divorce is finalized. Take some time to be single. Raise your children. Find things that make you happy. Enjoy life to the fullest. The more you find your happiness again as a single women doing the things you love, the easier it'll be to find love again. Just DO NOT go searching for it. You have to be happy being single and be happy with the life you're now going to create as a single mom. If you're not then no you won't find love, because you can't be happy in a relationship until you're happy being single.

So rebuild your life as a single mom. Rebuild your life as a single mom. Find hobbie that make you happy, enjoy your kids, and in time love will find its way to you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2010