Strep Throat Not Going Away. Please Help

I found out i had strep throat the end of June and my dr gave me a Z-Pack for it then 2 weeks later i found out i had strep again so he gave me another Z-Pack. This past week i went to one of those take care clinics in walgreens and was told i had strep AGAIN she wrote me a script for amoxicillion i started taking the meds last friday the 30th and felt a little better the 1st and 2nd day but had to take ibuprofen for my headaches i normal only take 2 and now i have to take 4 to get the pain to partially go away. It has been 6 days tomorrow since i've started the amoxicillion and i still feel like total crap like i did when this first started. I dont know if i should wait until i'm completely done with the medicine to call back or just call him tomorrow. I'm taking the amoxicillion 2 times a day for 10 days. I have 2 kids and just want to be able to feel normal again. Any input would be appreciated.

malibu79

Asked by malibu79 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• well you should go to a ent dr. and get their opinion. i kept getting strep throat too and he said that if it comes back again i could get my tonsils taken out and that will take care of it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My sister had the same problem. She had it so many times, that a doctor finally told her that she had to be around someone that was a carrier of the Strep bacteria. Whoever has it doesn't have symptoms, and just carries it around in their body. It would be hard to find out who it is, but people closest to you should be tested to be on the safe side. Also, you need something stronger than amoxicillin to get rid of this. If you have to go to the dr. again, tell them that you want something strong enough to get it out of your system for good.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I got strep throats all the time when I was younger and ended up having to have my tonsils out. Never had strep throat since then.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would go in and request that they culture your version of strep. They can put it in a petri dish and put disc's of antibiotic in the dish and grow it for a day or two and it will tell them if your germs are resilient to certain antibiotics and should then be able to tell you exactly which med you need to take.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010