Did anyone ever get a negative urine test but was still pregnant? Confirmed in ultrasound.

I have been feeling pregnant for four months now and have all the signs but no positive test..Going to the doctors for a blood teat and ultrasound. Am I loosing it or does this happen much?

ZandMommy

Asked by ZandMommy at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I know several people who have.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Where they far long?
    ZandMommy

Comment by ZandMommy (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• The only time I got a negative but was actually pregnant, it was too early to test. Otherwise the only other thing it could be is a faulty test. I had a Mirena IUD but still had months when I could SWEAR I was pregnant. Turns out it was just hormones from the IUD.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yes I know several and they were anywhere to just two months all the way up to nearly 4 months, and for the couple of women who waited those 4 months their doctors finally did a blood test and that's when they got the positive results.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• It can happen. I didn't get a bfp by a urine test on my first until I was 6 months along. I had already figured out I was pregnant around 3 months in but couldn't get it on a urine test. If your hormone levels are low then they may not be detected in the urine. While it is unusal for a woman not to get a bfp by urine it is definately possible.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 10:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have a son and his test showed up just 2 to 3 week into the pregnancy. I really feel pregnant. I will find out Friday. I'll keep you all posted!
    Thanks everyone for your replies.
    ZandMommy

Comment by ZandMommy (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• yes I did I did not know I was pregant till I was two months I took 11 test and had two periods.
    logansmom1202

Answer by logansmom1202 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Actually just LAST WEEK my friend found out she's 14 weeks pregnant despite the fact that 3 weeks ago a Clear Blue Easy Digital test said she was NOT PREGNANT.

That means she was 11 weeks pregnant and still getting FALSE NEGATIVES!! So ya....it's happens!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My friend Melinda was just past the first trimester when she finally found out. She "failed" six urine and three blood tests. Her baby is just fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010