Tubes In Ears?

I have been told that my soon to be 3 year old has a speech delay from a few people that are family members and also the lady at the WIC office. We seen our family doctor today about it and he didn't seem concerned. He did refer us to a nose/throat/ear specialist though. He said if my daughter has fluid behind her ears, which could cause a speech delay, that she will have to have tubes in her ears. Well I was just reading about tubes in ears on webmd.com and it has made me super nervous. I don't know if she will need them yet or not but just thinking about it makes me stomach turn from my nerves. So my questions is, do you know anyone who has tubes put in their ears and it was from real recent, and did they have any issues or anything go bad? I am just a nervous mom worried about my 3 year old little sweetheart!

pcricket1008

Asked by pcricket1008 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I really don't have an answer for you. I am out of bumps and think that your question deserves an answer so I hope me leaving this helps you some. Good luck getting help for your kiddo
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 11:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am not sure how to help but heres a bump to help!!
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 4:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have had tubes in my ears from the time I was 10 until I was 19. I had my ear drum collapsed from the fluid build up. It made a clicking noise and I couldn't hear very well. When I got the tubes it made a world of difference. My daughter who is speech delayed has tubes in her ears since she turned 2 and wow what a difference it made she talks a lot we also took passy away on her 3 birthday and she's potty training now because she can communicate finally when she has to go potty. it's not bad it's day sergery in and out within 20 minutes recovery time last about 2 hours or in my daughters case a day cause she felt so sick she threw up all over me which was from the sleepy med can't spell it. anywho bring a change of clothes for you and her. lol you'll be fine. I had to go home in a set of nurses scrubbs. but other then that it was pretty easy. get tynole or ib profin to help with the pain let her have a stuff animal to brin
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 5:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• the last sentence was cut off due to number of characters I could type. so here is the rest. let her have a stuff animal to bring back into the operating room. my ear tubes would come out every year falling out which I just went back in and had the ent put in a new tube and I was good to go. so all total 10 tubes in my ears and my daughter is lucky her tubes are still in there she's only had two ear infections and one swimmers ear.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 5:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Good Luck!!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010