what to do with a 4 month old w a runny nose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• saline spray 2x a day. you don't need to suck it out, just spray it up there and it helps alot
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• If you are breastfeeding squirt a little in the nose and let it drain out naturally. If you aren't then I would do the saline spray.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 11:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• and a humidifier in their room. you can also hold them in the bathroom while you steam it up with a warm shower running.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would try to suction some out if it's really runny. They make battery operated nasal aspirators now. I think it was about $20 at Target and it works great on super runny noses!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Keep a humidifier on with the cool mist function. Keep your baby elevated as much as possible to keep the congestion down. Put the baby in a bouncy seat in the bathroom while you take a shower, the steam will help the congestion as well. Use tylenol if your baby seems very fussy and if they get a fever, call the doctor.

Runny nose is pretty typical for babies. Both my kids had them every few months when they were babies. It's when it turns into other things (fever, cough etc) that you have to worry!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would just say suction it out.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010