What are some of the best tips to get prego?

we've been trying since nov 09! We've tried everything!!! OPK's, fertilaid, counting days, just everything I can think of!

jc22809

Asked by jc22809 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, honey, maybe you are trying tooo hard. Just have a lot of sex, relax. You may be so stressed your body isn't reacting right. Lay off the pressure and just enjoy yourselves. Hope that works.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Actually I did that last month and actually ovulated but now im kickin my self in the butt cuz i feel like i should have been trying harder...... You know?
    jc22809

Comment by jc22809 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com. Those are both excellent resources on charting. Your basal body temperature and cervical mucus are the big things you want to keep track of; CM will tell you when you're fertile and thus when is the best time for you to conceive, and BBT will tell you for sure when/if you're ovulating. This is overall the best method for TTC because it teaches you to recognize YOUR body's signs.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with dragonrider. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a very good resource book. I read that and still ended up going to the GYN for help getting pregnant the first time because of polycystic ovarie syndrome. PSOS can cause you to have times of infertility. Plus you could have your tubes flushed to make sure that they aren't plugged or twisted. Then there is the thought of...maybe your man should make sure his sperm count is up there. Most of all!!! Enjoy each other, because this time of trying to concieve will be gone once you do and there is no going back! :) have lots of fun!
    Joy118

Answer by Joy118 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Just keep trying as hard as it is try not to stress or obsess too much and also eat blueberries until you turn blue as I heard its good for fertility and I ate a ton all summer of 2008 and became pregnant within a few months. Just an idea to try....why not right? it worked for me. Good luck and all the best to ya.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Well im going to buy blue berries now LOL. We will be introducing ourselves as MR. and Mrs. Smurf now!! LOL How do they flush your tubes? Is it painful? or dangerous? And I always have cysts and the Gyno thinks i might have PCOS but not for sure and hubby is going to get his sperm analyzied soon! Thank You!
    jc22809

Comment by jc22809 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with reading "Taking charge of your fertility". I also think that you should relax more. Let your body just do it's job. Try things to make your body more relaxed. I hate chocolate and when I started eating it and actually enjoying it I became preggo with son. When I say that I mean I started relaxing and sitting down with my chocolate. It was really my mind relaxing and saying "Mmmmmm women are right chocolate does taste good!" Maybe have a glass of wine at dinner before sex. Just so you arent think of making a baby! I hope you get what I mean. Try something indulging and let your body just be free. Enjoy your days without kids and do something fun. Many women got pregnant when they werent actually trying. Good luck!
    PS When you go and buy the book, stop by the CVS and get a basal thermometer on your way home and a Symphony chocolate bar with almond and toffee chips ;)
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 2:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have pcos also and I got prego I had sex everyday for 3 months when I finally got prego the first time. I am now prego with my 2nd baby and it happened with no trying. good luck and best wishes.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• weve been ttc for 6 years .. so dont give up
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You can find out when you are ovulating and just try to have sex around that time.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 8:41 AM on Aug. 23, 2010