Little red bumps on my 2 year olds chest.

It doesn't bother him it is just really red and bumpy what would it be or has this happen to you? We an appointment in the morning to get it looked it but just wondering if this happen to anyone elses kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I was thinking heat rash
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would say heat rash or allergic reaction. Has he ran a fever? Does he act like his throat hurts? If no other symptoms are present, its probably just irritation like heat or an allergin.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• it sounds like heat rash to me
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• My 8 month old gets that from time to time I thought it was something serious and it was just a heat rash.
    logansmom1202

Answer by logansmom1202 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Could be a heat rash, an irritation from his clothing, sweat, or drool (if he's at that age). It could be a reaction to a lotion or soap that you're suing. It could be anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• As others have said, it could be heat rash.
    It could be an allergic reaction.
    It could be a flare of ezcema
    it could be a virus.
    It could be bug bites.

With my DD, who has a few food allergies and environmental allergies, I tend to assume her rashes are hives if they don't accompany a fever. We dose with benadryl and apply some hydrocoritsone to the rash. If it clears, we call the allergist to help figure out what triggered it. If it doens't clear, we check with the Ped.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would guess a heat rash or a reaction to something...detergent, sunscreen, any meds he took. My son got a rash like that when we used a different kind of sunscreen. It cleared up within 24 hours but if you are concerned, take him in!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• When it comes to little ones, rashes happen. If it doesn't bother him, then ignore it.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• excema? heat rash?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2010