Cant believe he called me that!

Well me and my husband having been fighting lately and tonight we got into it! And to make a long story short he called me a dumbfu**!!!!! I know he was mad but I think it is unexcusable. I mean when i get mad i might say you are acting like an ass or you are such a as*hole and I know that is wrong but i think he crossed a line what do you think????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• one nasty name is another to me..... dumbfu*k is not worse than asshole to me, but hey that's just my opinion.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i dont really see the difference between calling someone a dumbfuck or calling them an asshole
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Ok.. now you have peaked my curiosity. What did you do that he felt was less than intelligent. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• sorry, but if you've called him names in the past like asshole, I think it's a bit silly to get so upset over him calling you a name.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I don't see the difference in the two, either. Name calling doesn't get anybody anywhere. Arguing is bad enough. But, name calling is just adding insult to injury. Not to mention, altogether childish. How would you react if it was reported to you that this was how your child was dealing with issues?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• There is no difference in you calling him an ass then him calling you a DumbF*. You're only mad that he lashed out at you like that. You just admitted that you do the same thing, and yet you're trying to justify it by them being simple names. Well it makes no difference. You're insulting his intelligence and his behavior yet it's okay for you? It's time to man up to what you do in the fight to the same thing that he's doing. You're mad at one another and you're lashing out to try and make your own point more valid. It's wrong on BOTH of your parts. He's not any more wrong then you are, because you're both doing it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Dang. Some names just are more offensive to certain people. My husband gets really angry of you insult his intelligence. One time I was mad and I called him stupid. My sister and I called each other stupid everyday when we were growing up, so it was no big deal to me. But my husband was really hurt by it and it just made him angrier.
    In my opinion, they are all equal, but you may not feel that way. Tell him when you are not fighting how much that hurt you and he needs to not say it again. I know I will NEVER call my dh stupid again.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• eh...i kinda see your point...attacking your intelligence and harming your selfesteem is a bit different than a general insult like asshole. what he said to you was specifically to harm you emotionally...i dont really know anyone who is harmed emotionally by being called an asshole. it's not the worst thing he could ever say, but it's definately worth addressing. just tell him that you know you screwed up (if that really is the case) but that him calling you that crossed the line because it hurt. if you address it calmly and he really cares about you i think he'll get your point.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Yikes!!! Well, my DH and I used to have some huge fights but we didn't use words like that. I couldn't do it,couldn't say any of them and he didn't either. The "F" word in particular makes me sick. Just couldn't....

EXCEPT when I told him I was going to divorce him and by that time,I just didn't care. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Names are names. It's the intent of the word said. what you said is as bad as what he said technically
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2010