swollen feet

ok i have swollen feet for the last past week and gained 7 pounds on a week so ladies wats the best way to get my feet unswollen

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how's your blood pressure hun? bc that's how i was when my pre-eclampsia started (not to scare you). but drink plenty of water
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Call your doc first thing in the morning. You need your BP checked and also make sure you aren't throw protein in your urine. Definitely sounds like the Pre-E might be going on. Take care! n
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• today when they checked it was 140/55 then they did it manualy and it was 128/ idk and i drnk like 6 of those water jugs they give you at the hospital
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Watch your salt intake and keep your feet up and call the DR in the am.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sit on the couch with your feet propped up. More then just a pillow on the floor. Try to raise them above hip level if possible, but don't strain yourself or do it if it's uncomfortable. The blood flows better when the feet are elevated, so it's important to keep that fluid and blood moving. You can also take a ginger bath. Grate fresh ginger into warm bath water and soak. Ginger is great to help circulation and fluid flow .. So that may help as well. You can also soak your feet in a warm bowl of grated ginger in the living room if that's more comfortable or entertaining.

All the ebst!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• it definately sounds like you're getting pre-eclampsia hun. they will probably have you come in every week for bp check. have you started showing protien in your urine yet? you should definately avoid sodium as much as possible and drink 10-12 cups of water per day. try to take it easy and lay down as much as you can. gl..... i had it with my first baby
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Cut the salt/sodium intake, and elevate your feet. Definitely sounds like you're at risk for PreEclampsia, I hope they're monitoring you closely, if not, you should definitely be proactive about this and see a new doctor. Good luck.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• no i dnt have protien in my urine that i know of and i drink alot of water and i dnt go back to the dr till the 16th cuz she gonna be outta town and i been monitorin my bp wit my moms bp machine
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I had that and I was scare like u. It does sound like Pre-eclampisa and I what I can tell you is. Watch for ur salt intake keep ur feet elevated and I wore the elderly support hoes on my feet as well they sucked but they did help for most part. And if u feel that ur getting worse call ur doctor. And defiently drink plenty of water too.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• and i always sit on my couch and it reclines
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010