Help please..

I went to the lake and now water is stuck in my ear. I tried shaking my head, leaving it tilted, tilting it and opening the canal so it can drain, q tips, a bulb syringe, nothing helps. Any ideas?

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 11:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Health

• Get a bottle of rubbing alcohol, the clear kind, and add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to it. Add several drops into the ear, wait a minute or two, then tilt and allow to drain. It is an old recipe for swimmers ear preventative. My doc gave to my mom a long time age. Do this after you go swimming every time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I would get some swimmer ear drops and put a drop in ur ears. Swimmer ears is like peroxide but it medicine u can get over the counter and one little drop and it would loosen the water in ears and come out that way.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I agree with daisy! Remember, it's the opposite leg that works. My DH told me this years ago and it really works. Maybe keep it up for 30 seconds or longer if it doesn't seem to work at first. Hide in the bathroom if you feel stupid!!!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 11:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• This may sound like a silly idea, but sometimes chewing helps pop the ear .. Which may help it drain.
    So whether it be gum, some food, or something of that nature..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• You can pop your ears by closing your mouth and pinching your nose closed while you try to blow outward. Sounds kinda silly but it is suppose to work. Some people can't do it though!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i second the swimmer ear drops. works great
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Sleep on that side and it should drain out. Don't use q tips, or stick anything in your ears. You could use the swimmers ear drops, they are for just this type of situation where there is water stuck in your ear, to be used before there is any infection. So don't wait too long or you'll end up needing antibiotics.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Ill have to go to the store to get meds. I dont even have alcohol! Anyone know at what point i should see the doc?
    carsonsmommytam

Comment by carsonsmommytam (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I keep popping my ears, and it just stays in there..Its way in there..lol..I cant hear from that ear.
    carsonsmommytam

Comment by carsonsmommytam (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Only if it hurts. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2010