How to keep from losing it while on bedrest?

I'm 34 weeks and was put on bed rest at 33 weeks. I have an almost 3 yo son. My husband works second shift and doesn't get up until about an hour before he leaves for work. He tells my son that mommy will take him outside to play. The hubby doesn't understand what bedrest is. I feel so guilty because my little boy begs me to go outside and play and I can't take him. And family isn't helping either. The inlaws watch my 2 nephews all the time but never offer to help out with my son. It breaks my heart when he cries to go to their house and play but I can't take him. I'm perfectly fine watching him by myself its just I can't do anything active with him and we are both going stir crazy. I feel like saying damn it all to everything and taking him outside but I would feel so guilty if I went in to labor early and had to see my baby in a NICU. What should I do?

kaylitajade

Asked by kaylitajade at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• can you go outside and lay down on a chaise lounge or something? i'm assuming you don't have alot of steps to get outside. i'm glad that when i was on bedrest it was with my first kid. idk how i would handle supervising a kid without getting up lol. gl!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Netflix. Load hte little guy up with movies. But as a fellow wife of a second shifter, there is no excuse for him staying in bed that long. I understand its hard to go right to bed after work, but within 1.5 hours of getting home, he should be in bed. If he needs to take benadryl to help him fall to sleep, than so be it. 7 hours of sleep is enough. Send your 3yr old in there to get him up and tell your little guy not to take no for an answer. A couple mornings of getting woken up early will also help him drop sooner after coming home from work.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Get your hubby to load up on library books. My kids (2) and I each have a card which gives us 50 books per card every 2 weeks.

Write letters, the old fashioned way (snail mail)

Card games with the kids

Puzzles, connect four, checkers
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2010