Am I too opinionated?

I get really upset if someone thinks a different way than me..ESPECIALLY with abortion. I think every baby deserves the right to live, they haven't done anything wrong!!!
anyways, is it normal to get upset about everything that isn't the way you want it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Feeling are Feeling; There are NO right or wrong feelings. How we handle those feeling is what matters. If you let your feeling eat at you EVERY TIME you read and/or hear of something that you don't approve of then that's an issue. Not because the feeling is wrong, again there is no wrong or right feelings, it's because you have allowed something that you have no control of to control you. You may not have control over your feelings, but you do have control over how you handle them and how you allow them to effect you. In regards to abortion.... (more next post)

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I hate to say this, but if you are going to post something in a public forum don't cry about the answers you get. There are too many people with different beliefs, opinions. I am with you are far as abortion goes.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I didn't post anything.
    I get upset when I read things and hear about it on the news and stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• that is normal, I don't watch the news cause there is never anything happy on.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You're not opinionated...or at least that's not the issue. It sounds like you're (possibly) intolerant. I have a lot of opinions as well, and plenty of what I read here makes me cringe - but we're opposite sides of the spectrum. If it doesn't bother you, then I guess its not really a problem? I do think it's a shame more people here aren't more understanding that its not a personal attack if someone disagrees with your views. I wish you the best of luck.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i have a very close friend who gets uh, shall we say "fired up" about issues and people that dont match up to her liking. its irritating sometimes, but i like the way she is passionate about what she believes in...but one way to look at it is this: there are several moms on CM that are well..idiots when it comes to their "passion". when you are debating, or reading some of their posts, and you respond and they respond back and the banter is neverending..remember you look just as harsh and irritating to them as they do to you. so if you dont care whether you like like a harda#& to others, keep at it. if you do, dont respond if you cant keep your composure!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I get upset if someone doesn't see things my way...but then again I figure everyone is different. I try not to take it personally. I usually only do when someone is rude and nasty with me...which happens a lot lately. LOL! Maybe it's me?!?! I dont think you are too opinionated..you just know what you like and how you like it.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 2:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• LOL I'm with you Sister,When it comes to Abortion i don't think a Mother has a rite to KILL her Baby I am very Opinionated and if people do not like it well that's there problem i may be a Christian but i don't sugar coat EVERYTHING . I am blunt ant to the point, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I am very "passionate" in my views and beliefs against abortion. I'm not opinionated. And it's good to be passionate on what you believe, not waiver, and stand firm.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I can understand how you may feel about abortions. You are correct its something that takes a toll on a women. Let alone the way it may have you feeling physically, emotionally and mentally. But, you don't know the circumstances of these women who choices to have these procedures done. I personally feel if you don't like to be judge by anyone then don't judge. Now voicing your opinion w/o being judgmental then that totally different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2008