• In the Spotlight:

Hello my baby boy has been diagnosed with acute lymphoid leukemia, he was only 18 days old when he was diagnosed. Apperantly this is very unusual for infants to have. Does anyone know of anybody who has gone through this situation or is anyonw going through this as well?

My babies first symptoms were, breuces, very large tummy, small amount of blood in the stool, crying every time we would change a diaper and bathe him. We are now in Houston at the texas childrens hospital and my baby is almost done with phase 1 if chymotherapy.

ysmar2005

Asked by ysmar2005 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Health

• I'm really sorry to hear that, but no i have not been threw it. I am here to talk to tho!
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 12:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Awww poor baby! My brother went through this twice. He got it once when he was about six and relapsed again when he was 16. Children's hospital is the best though! If you have other kids, there are usually rooms for them to play in and activities for them so you can bring them along without them getting bored. I hope all goes well for you. Keep your chin up and know he is in good hands.

ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2008