Nursery Theme

Im not sure what my nursery should look like. I'm having twins and im totally stumped. What should be the arrangement of the cribs? The everything? How about the theme? Im having a boy and a girl. Please Help!

janieishappy

Asked by janieishappy at 11:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congrats! Something like jungle/safari themed would be cute for girls and boys.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I know someone who did olde world maps for boy girl twins. It was an antique looking nursery.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• hhmmmm..... I am getting ready to do a room in Toy Story- that's cute and neutral or you could go with animals by the 2 such as Noah's ark themes. or you could do something just neat in general like underwater or sky or stars ....the possibilities are endless!!!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I saw a nursery that was for a boy/girl twins and it was so cute it was half blue and half light purple and it was divided but bubbles. that boy had a different crib(they didnt believe in giving them everything the same). it doesnt sound as cute as it is. but it was really cute
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Id put the dresser in a corner diagonally (so its touching both walls) the cribs on either side against those walls (so the dresser is in the middle) and the changing table near the bedroom door. i also thought jungle type theme bc its neutral, or micky mouse or my favorite childrens book the catepillar that turns into a butterfly (i forget the title). good luck. oh if you have a rocking chair id suggest putting it between he cribs w a small table on the longer wall for a small lamp etc. and the dresser nearest the closet. also you may do like i did, rearrange so you can test it out until you find something that is functional.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• monkeys. with lots of other animals mixed too. so I guess it was a jungle.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would stick with an neutral them. Some suggestions are animals, or you could do an ocean theme with sea animals. Or...a musical theme, a circus theme, Looney toons, ducks, an alphabet theme, a patriotic theme, or my favorite, a Jack and Jill theme, like the nursery rhyme. That way, you could incorporate more gender specific colors into the room. Really, almost any nursery rhyme could be used as a theme.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I like ocean and rainforrest cause it so much to choose from that will match and it works for girl and boys...good luck...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Dr. Seuss with an emphasis on Thing 1 and Thing 2
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would go with an animals theme or teddy bears.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010