How long does Ativan stay in your system?

I am suffering from PPD and a anxiety disorder. The PPD made my anxiety get out of control so while we where waiting for the antidepressent meds to work my doctor prescribed me ativan to help handle the anxiety. I really didn't like the idea of taking the ativan so I only took it when I really needed it. I took a total of 12 pills(0.5 mg each) over the course of three weeks. I'm feeling better now and don't need the ativan anymore. I stopped breastfeeding and have been pumping and dumping(since your not supposed to breastfeed on ativan). Now I really want to go back to breastfeeding but I don't know when/if I can. How long does it take for ativan to leave your system? I have a doctor's appointment soon so I will be asking then also but I just wanted to see if anyone here knew. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• You could call your local pharmacist and ask them. They should be able to tell you.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 12:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• look up its half life. that is the time it stays in your system. or that is part of the equation. wish i could be more help.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010