How long did your labor last during your Water Birth experience?

Did you need meds or tear?

Twisted_Halo

Asked by Twisted_Halo at 12:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hardly need meds, water makes it soothe the pain sort of,i reccommend it. lasts so much faster. lik3 4 hours.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My first labor was induced. Since I wasn't ready to deliver / baby wasn't ready, it was a hard, forced birth. ( 14 hours ) I did tear, but was also reclined, coached pushing... just not natural.

My second was spontaneous so my body and baby were ready for birth. MUCH easier. No tearing even though baby was larger (10-pounds).

No meds for either labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• ooops, sorry that second delivery was 8 hours. But I was literally walking around the neighborhood going to the bakery and all...
    NICE!

:-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I only got to labor in the tub, my hospital does not allow you to actually give birth in there :( But I literally stayed in until I pushed and I had no tearing or pain meds :) 10lb babies too!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• With my first they did not have the tub yet, i was in labor for 27 hours and 23 of that was med free! But i did use the shower and just having hot water on your back and trickling down your tummy makes it feel so much better! With our second which is do before the end of this month i am using the tub! I will let you know how the tub goes. And our hospital doesn't allow you to give birth in it either, just to labor in, but using it at all is going to be awesome. Good luck if you go before i do.
    Married12Kevin

Answer by Married12Kevin at 11:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010