Is it just me or does anyone else not have much contact with friends from highschool?

Graduation day and you tell each other that you will keep in touch, but it doesn't happen does it? I am 35 and am only now getting back in touch with friends from long ago through face book. I like it, but every time I see someone that i didn't like very much, and they are requesting to be friends...I really think long and hard about it.

Joy118

Asked by Joy118 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• i only speak to 2 people i went to high school with
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sometimes its so hard to keep in touch. You or your friend is the one trying to keep the contact, but then its like why bother. Then is you are the first to have kids, its almost like friends from High School don't know you anymore lol. I say if they just got in touch with you that's great because sometimes people forget or don't care.
    Twisted_Halo

Answer by Twisted_Halo at 12:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I graduated in 97 and am on facebook with a lot of my old friends. But live out of state now.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am lucky that my two BFF's are my to BFF's from HS. I have other friends that I have collected along the way, but when it hits the fan those are my go-to-girls!! I think I am lone of the lucky ones though!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• (sorry for the type-o's.. Think I need to go to bed!)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yes i still talk to 2 of my bst friends from high school no one else though
    lilchikkis

Answer by lilchikkis at 12:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yeah, It's tough to keep in touch.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Forget to say I speak to about 4 good friends from HS and we try to visit each other whenever we can.
    Twisted_Halo

Answer by Twisted_Halo at 12:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Im on facebook with friends from highschool...but we've taken different paths in life. I got married senior year and live out of state with my husband who is in the army...have two kids and a dog- and a lot of the people I graduated with are finishing up college and still live in the area- still get drunk on the weekends and to me it's like we dont have the same priorities and dont have a whole lot to talk about because we cant relate to each other. and I only graduated in 06!
    szeimetz

Answer by szeimetz at 12:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yes, 3 of them but me and 1 really keep in touch the other two lose touch sometimes, and for that person you really did'nt care for i'll keep it that way if it was me i'd never sent an invite if i knew you really did'nt like me sounds like they just want to be nosy..lol but oh how i long to spend time together people are in different states now i guess those are some of the people you pass by as you go along in this world remember when you was wrong and the older break it down about the roles of people that you'll encounter in your lifetime i just don't remember how the ole saying goes if someone does please hit my inbox and tell me........but sometimes i wonder what it'll be like to get to interact with each other some time it's obvious we all could use a couple new friends because of the way we communicate with each other i say that because most of each only get to know a little about each other through......interesting huh
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010