A boy playing the flute?

What do you think about a boy choosing to play the flute? All honest opinions welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Musical instruments are not classed according to gender.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't really think anything. I just think it's a great thing when any child chooses to play an instrument.

If someone thinks it's not "cool", watch this and tell me that it's not cool for a guy to play the flute!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZX5qdIEB0
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it, if that is what he chose than you should support him.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• why in the world would anyone have a problem with it?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Don' read more into than there is, he is who he is whether or not he plays the flute. I was flute player in middle school and high school and we had male flute players as well. And trust me when he is learning to play a flute is alot more tolerable than any reed instrument or drums.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• well i'm a girl who played the trombone in elementary, middle, and high school. what makes the flute girlie????
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I dont see a problem with it . Its something positive he can do. IF he wants to id support him.
    youngmomma021

Answer by youngmomma021 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Some of the best flautists I know are male- Google James Galway. He is from Ireland, the world's most famous flute player, and amazing! I heard him in concert when I was a teen, and he was incredible. Ask him why he likes the instrument- usually if a child doesn't like the sound it makes, they won't stick with it!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 12:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010