Im 4 days late and a negative pregnancy test. Did I test too soon?

Ive been havin unprotected sex for about a month now. I had sex the day before my period was suppose to come on. after i had sex i had severe cramps for about 10 mins. Just curious if having sex pushed it back or could i be pregnant. o and i took a test but it came out negative. ive been drinkin sodas and juice all day and i took the test a few minutes. should i wait til morning to test again?

Tunisia20

Asked by Tunisia20 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Having sex won't keep your period from coming. I would stop drinking liquids for the night so that your urine can become quite consentrated and then test with your first mornings urine. I know the test says you don't have to but it's the pee with the highest level of hormones.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Wait until morning and test before you drink anything.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You could have I say give it another few days. You could have ovulated later than you suspected.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 9:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree with the above.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• me 2
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Right to what everyone said above. Are you attempting to get pregnant? You might be too anxious which might delay your cycle as well.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 8:39 AM on Aug. 23, 2010