Have kids when you are young or wait until you are wiser, more established...

Gene_Godwin

Asked by Gene_Godwin at 12:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in

• Well, I would obviously choose young. I had my Dd at 21 and will be trying for our second and last child when Dd hits two. I can't say this is for everyone, but my Dh and I have no interest in partying or drinking and what we wanted in life was a family. He's in the military, so we're financially sound, and he's saving the military college fund for our children (he's in college, but paying with loans.) as for being adventurous, we do that with our Dd and she has a blast. We're stationed overseas and have taken her to Paris, Rome, corsica, and back to the US to see family. She's a well travelled baby!
    My sister had her kids young as well, and has since been through bouts of drug addictions and recently actually went to college and it seemed she was getting her life back on track, but now she is dumping her 12 year old and 8 year old off at families houses so she can go party... Obviously not for everyone. (she's 30!)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• WE waited till we were wiser and better established. Education, careers, savings, college fund,etc. Best decision we ever made. Never regretted it!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• wiser and more established. I loved the freedom I had in my 20s. I had many adventures and gained a lot of experience. Also as I have aged I become more patient. I think all of these things enrich my ability to parent. (Not that it can't be done the other way.)
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• either depending on your desire and ability younger or older to have them. i had mine young, well not so young but still before 30 and it's been great but sometimes wish I had waited.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah, I would have waited, I had my daughter at 20 and I wish I could have given her more than I did through the years.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Younger... I was 22 when I had my oldest, if I could go back we would have had him much sooner!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2010