Will you accept friend invites from mamas you don't know?

Sometimes it irritates me that there are those who do friend invites asking if you want to be friends. But when it comes down to it, they don't even say anything after the invites.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Lol, I have that problem on myspace. And then I send them messages and get no reply back. I figure if you want to be "friends" with someone you'all should chat a little bit, especially at first. If I dont know the person I'm usually reluctant so I ask them, and I'm not trying to be rude, but I say, "can I help you with something?"
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 1:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It doesn't bother me... I don't have any personal info on my site, so whats's the harm.. I only have pics of my dog.. So... No worries!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• if you have something in common - sure - you can always look at the pages of those inviting - I have rejected a few - but most I accept. What is the point of all this if you are not opening yourself up to new friends

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Raybell you can always do what I do. Tell them it's for family only. Here to me it's kind of hard since the site is to meet new Mommy friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Andrea if they leave CB or pm then fine it's all good. But it's once you accept and they don't return CB or PM is the one that's annoying. It seems like a freaking popularity contest sometimes...like to see how many friends you can have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yea when I set my profile to private I noticed people did that..I think they just wanted to see who I was then not talk...
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sure! What the heck! The more the merrier!
    Scrapmom73

Answer by Scrapmom73 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i def would accept them, its notthing like myspace, here we all have the same thing in common! Plus i love making new friends and meeting new people. If i see someone who looks they havea alot in common with me or just seem like an interesting person, I will send them a request
    amandamarie89

Answer by amandamarie89 at 2:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree with the last two moms.
    Skittles1977

Answer by Skittles1977 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• yes because I am a single SAHM and the only time I can get out to the house is when the hospice aide gets here to take care of my grandma for me and that is after any activities that my dd is old enough for are over so I don't get a chance to meet other moms of 2 year olds. So this is the only way for me to meet other moms and make mommy friends.
    dreamstar

Answer by dreamstar at 12:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2008