Would you let your children watch these cartoons? adult content

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2008/03/18/the-child-and-the-invader-iranian-childrens-cartoon-for-the-purposes-of-instilling-hatred-of-jews/

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/09/hamas-tv-show-teaches-kids-to-kill-jews.html

I can't find a link, but I watched a special on these cartoons being the normal fare for kids in the Middle East on CNN a couple years ago.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• they are only interested in spreading hate and i feel that this is how they do it. They have to start young or else they may actually have a mind of their own and jehads do not allow you to have a mind of your own.
    Joy118

Answer by Joy118 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Is this that religion of peace we hear so much about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Something else, the thought that veggietales teaching hate is only your opinion. There is nothing hateful about it. You may not agree with it, but its not hateful. These cartoons posted above are clearly teaching hate towards one certain group of people simply because they are different. You want to end religious intolerance, might need to start with yourself.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My children are 64, 61, and 58, I don't think they watch cartoons anymore. But when they were little I would have not let them. but we did not have t.v back. then, either.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Natesmom you must be one of the oldest moms on here! Cool!

I saw what the links say dont think Ill open them they sound nasty! I would never have allowed my boys to watch those
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• What I was saying about the cartoons in question and veggietales....is that they aren't even comparable because veggietales isn't a message of hate towards one group of people.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Wow... and these are the people trying to build the mosque near ground zero????
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 12:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Delilah that's not a very good analogy.. Germans being near a synagogue is not the same thing... Perhaps nazi's building a concentration camp near a memorial of thousands of jews who had died at their hands would be a better one... because that's about what it is.
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 12:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You like to sit there and try and make me feel less intelligent when really you are just acting as a 1st grader calling names because you lost a fight.

If I remember correctly, the name calling began with you. It is YOUR opinion that religion should be left out of children's cartoons. Again, the cartoons in question are HATRED. If it was just teaching good Muslim faith, and loving your neighbor...it would be completely different. It's funny how people like you are sooo opened minded until someone else disagrees with you. Where did the tolerance go? LMAO.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• no I wouldn't but I'm pretty sure they look down on shows like Veggie Tales. Difference of culture. Not saying it's right or anything but that's the way it goes.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010