What would u do if you were visiting your in laws and your mother in law does this to you?

If she takes out your brother in laws girlfriend that he has only been datting for 2 days, out to eat and leaves you there with your child and doesn't even offer if you want anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I would probably be offended and think typical to myself.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 2:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would assume she is trying to suck up to her so you will look like the bad guy (if you two don't get along) Then quit going to visit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I didnt visit because I wanted too, I went because they were fixing out electricity because it had cut off and I had no other choice but to stay there that night! I hate them and I havent seen my mil for mor ethan a year already and i'm proud of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• honestly i would act like it TOTALLY didnt bother me. it will probably piss her off because she was probably trying to make you mad/jealous i would have asked hey did you guys have fun or something like that.... ha and jsut smile and be happy. i know what your going through, my MIL is a complete BITCH to me...she doesnt even speak to me.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think it would depend. Were you an out of town house guest, or were you over for a visit, and this was something that they had already set up? Still rude, but... Do the 2 of you have a good relationship otherwise? Because if so, maybe she was wanting to be alone with the new girlfriend to sort of get a feel for her or something like that? If you don't get along, then I would think it was an intentional snub, but then again, I would be relieved I didn't have to spend that time with her...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Did you say you haven't seen her in a year? If so, why bring this up now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think that was someone else saying they hadn't seen their MIL in a year. More then one anonymous person on here. =)
    ChristyIrishEye

Answer by ChristyIrishEye at 6:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I wouldn't be offended. I'd figure she just wanted to get to know the girlfriend of her other son since he only just began dating her. But then, I don't know the (your) situation and family. So, it's hard to say.

I was once offended when my MIL and I got in a slight disagreement and I was trying to work it out with her, afterwards she took her other sons new girlfriend out with her to go shopping. As they left I overheard her say "I will tell you all about it once we get in the car". She tends to gossip and I suspected that was what she was going to do. But, I hate carrying negativity (especially when recycled from someone else), so, I ended up just letting roll right off my shoulders. Otherwise she would of gotten the best of me.
    ChristyIrishEye

Answer by ChristyIrishEye at 7:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I love my MIL and I know that if she did something like that it wouldn't be to offend me, it would either be because we do things on our own together and she wants to do something for the brother's girlfriend too, or because she honestly didn't think about it. It sounds like we are dealing with two way different types of women though.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I wouldn't visit.
    If she had left me there, I would have left for my own home. And would have told my husband exactly what happened.
    ColDragonMomof5

Answer by ColDragonMomof5 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2008